Sunday, July 25

#11

Oh dear family!

I love you so much! How can I express the love in my heart? Thank you so much Neely's and Redfords for the email. I could just imagine being in the living room/kitchen with all of you. I can just imagine all of the food! Thank you for writing! It was so sweet to hear from all of you. Rachel, good luck in your interview (I will pray for you) and congrats on employee of the week! You are the Waterway employee of the world in my book. Love you. Aunt Brenda thank you for the thought on "carry on". I really needed that. Alyssa keep practicing that violin!!! Carolyn you are so great. Way to go on your committment to bare your testimony. I know mine is so strengthened whenever I bare it. I bet you are a great example to those around you. Chris I love ya. I'm so glad your blessing went well and I'm so proud of you for getting the Melchezedick Priesthood. Anita... love you.

Mom depending on what time you get into town I might be able to see you before Sunset. I will be at the Brigham Young home from 9-noon. I will be at the Visitor's Center at 2:00 and will start a show at 3:00. I will come out after that show to greet the audience and then we go back in for the next show at 5:00. I will keep my eyes out for you! I will be at Sunset early to help with the Children's Parade, so I will look for you before Sunset. I will be there at 6:30. We run straight from the end of Sunset to the Pagent, we need to run home and change costumes. But we have time before the start of Pagent to talk to the Pagent audience. If you can, try to sit on the right side of the audience (ask aunt Jill where she sat, it was perfect, I was able to come say Hi). I would love to do a Carthage trip with everyone on Wednesday! We are allowed to have one meal together (lasting one hour) AND one trip to Carthage (lasting two hours). So, we can have our one hour before Anna Amanda one day or we can eat lunch on wednesday. I need to be back by 1:30. We'll figure it out!

What a week. Bishop McMullin was here most of the week. What an experience. He is a very inspired man. He promised us special blessings when he spoke to us as Young Performing Missionaries. In one of our meetings one of the topics he addressed really resonated with me. He spoke on a quote from President McKay, "Once a missionary, always a missionary." I am excited to go home and impliment all of the changes I have made in my life and in my heart. I have a new burning desire to share the gospel with everyone around me. Dad, like you were saying in your email about conducting ourselves in a Chirst-like manner at all times, we need to conduct ourselves like missionaries at all times. I was just talking with my companion about the high standards we live by out here. I never want to lose it. We bare Christ's name. President Hinckley spoke on the reasons why we don't use the symbol of the cross in our church. When asked what symbol we do use to represent His sacrifice President Hinckley explained that the lives and actions of the members of this church are the symbol of Christ's sacrifice. In our very actions and deeds we represent Him. We honor (or should honor) Him. Are we living symbols of Christ? Do we represent Him at all times? In every place we go?

We cannot avoid the missionary call. He has been in the presiding bishopric for 16 years now and expressed his love for and closeness with President Monson. He shared with us how hears some of the same stories over and over again. As he was listening to a story yet again, he heard a voice ask "have I learned the lesson?" As we hear council over and over again, ask yourselves: have you learned the lesson that Heavenly Father is trying to get through to you?

He warned us of tough times a head. He expressed his love and the love of our Heavenly Father for each of us.

There are so many other things I want to share with you, but I need to go to a meeting with President and Sister Ludwig. I'm writing everything down. I'll share with you when I get home. I love you and am so happy you are coming. I know God lives. I know Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know the Book of Mormon testifies of Him. Oh! Speaking of which, a couple of the sisters and I gave a Book of Mormon to a nice Catholic Priest from Slovokia! That was a cool experience. I will tell you more later.
Stay true!

All my love
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment