May 23, 2010
There are some scheduling things that you should know about that I keep forgetting to tell you! I am in “A” cast, which means that there are certain days you can come see me. For “High Hopes and Riverboats” you need to come to the first showing on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays or the 2nd showing of the day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays. I would love it if you could come to both showings! I want you to see both casts. I get to do different things in each. This show is done twice daily with our roles switched around. I will be in both shows but only the lead role on the times indicated above.
For “Just Plain Anna-Amanda” you need to come on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays to either showing. My prep-days will be on Wednesdays from 7:00 am till 2:00 pm during which time I need to clean, do laundry, go get groceries in Keokuk, go to the temple, write letters, and email you! That is truly our only break in the week. Even Sundays get full quickly.
You need to come see “Rendezvous” which is the Senior Missionaries’ show because I have a small role in it! I only do it every 3 days though and I’m not sure about the schedule yet. I will let you know soon!
Also, for “Sunset by the Mississippi” every other night my partner and I are a part of the clogging routine. I want you to come to that night! Also, I am in a really funny skit that only happens every 3rd night and you must come to that night of “Sunset.” Oh! One more thing: I play in “Devil Went Down to Georgia” two nights out of every three and I want you to see me do that, too! I know there’s a lot of coordinating to be done, but I think it will work out. I will be able to tell you more about the correct days once we get a set schedule. I’m so happy you’re coming!
When you come, I think it would work best if we spent time together in the morning on Tues/Thurs/Sat. Those are the days I’m in “Anna-Amanda” and apparently will have more down time. I want to show all of you Nauvoo and all of the things I’m learning. It is amazing here.
The seniors are one of my favorite parts about Nauvoo. I had a perfect Nauvoo moment in the sewing room the other day. A couple of sisters and I were pulled from rehearsal so we could go in for our last fitting. I had on the most beautiful dress, standing on the pedestal with all of these little old ladies pining me, etc. They were so sweet and I just looked out the window at the perfect day out side and I thought, “I’m in heaven.”
One of the things the senior ladies and I joke around about is how I come “pre-bustled.” There is one costume where they thought I might want a slip with a bustle on it but the slip was ruined and they would have to re-make it. I said, “That’s ok. I don’t really need a bustle, I come pre-bustled.” They really got a kick out of that J
I seriously feel like I’m getting a little taste of Zion. We have so much unity and love between all of the sisters. This place is like heaven. Everyone is happy and it is so easy to feel The Spirit here.
I have a testimony of Heavenly Father’s love for me. I know He lives. He has felt more real to me in the last few weeks than ever before in my life. I know that Christ came to this earth to set a perfect example, atone, and arise for us. Carthage today was a fabulous experience. Joseph Smith was a selfless man who truly lived and died in the name of Christ.
We have zone conference with 6 senor couples and it is so wonderful. Sister Murdock and I got a ride home with our zone leaders and they got so excited. They turned around in their seats and, wide-eyed, asked us if we wanted to go on a “critter-run.” We said, “Sure!” And off we went! They went zooming in their car to one of the streets that drives out towards the Mississippi. They started telling us about all of these little critters they see along this street in the dark. They kept telling us to look out for their shiny eyes. They had story after story about different animals they rescued or little animal families they have seen living in different areas. It was seriously the funniest experience I’ve ever had. They were so sweet. They zoomed us home and offered to take us again sometime. Apparently they go 3 times a week, after their “Rendezvous” performances.
Mom and Dad, you must come here on a mission someday. I can totally see you two loving this place. Mom, you would just love working in the sewing room and Dad, I can just imagine you performing in the “Sunset By the Mississippi.”
There are so many lovely and wonderful things out here. I have a few struggles, but I can feel myself becoming stronger as I depend on the Lord for help. I want to share some of my struggles with you, but I feel like thinking about it, talking about it, or complaining about it will just make it seem worse in my head. Basically, everything is going very well.
I feel like I have so much more to share with you. I think I better be done for now though. Feel free to post this letter on the blog.
I love you so much! God is real.
All my love,
Sister Chambers
No comments:
Post a Comment