May 30, 2010
Dear Family,
It is so wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for telling me about the scholarship! I was going to ask about it, Chery sent me a letter letting me know that the awards were out. Wow. Heavenly Father is taking care of me.
We had opening day yesterday and it went very well! We have crazy schedules. I didn't eat dinner till 9:00 last night because we didn't have a single break or opportunity to eat our PB and honey sandwiches. I don't know what to say, except that life is wonderful.
I have so much to learn out here, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I want to please Heavenly Father and lean all of the lessons He's trying to teach me, but I'm afraid that I won't fit it all in! President Ludwig said that Heavenly Father has a lot He wants to teach me. I need to be constantly mindful of how I can grow. I'm trying!
After the shows are over, we get to talk to the audience in front of the theatre. This is when we get to talk to children about the gospel and when we get to do some influencing! I talked to one little girl about the temple and feeling the Spirit. It's like minnie primary lessons every day! The shows we put on are uplifting and fun and I have had some fabulous experiences with the audience members. After one of the shows (inwhich there is a love story), a mom told me that her little 4-year-old turned to her and said, "well, now I need to go find me a husband!" We had a good laugh.
I feel like there are a couple of things that I keep meaning to tell you, but I can't remember right now. AH! Maybe I'll write it down and send you the info.
Just Plain Anna Amanda: come on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday to either of the showings.
High Hopes and Riverboats: come at 3:00 on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays or at 5:00 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays.
Sunset by the Mississippi: come on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays. (this one isn't as important that you come on these days, because it's just a little tap section of one of the songs that I get to tap in on MWF.)
Rendesvouz: I still don't know. I'm sorry. Next week I can tell you.
I think that's all the info you need... If i think of anything else, i'll send it snail mail. I love you and I know that God lives. I know He loves all of His children. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and I know that President Monson is a living prophet today.
Stay in touch!
All my love
All my love
Sister Chambers
No comments:
Post a Comment