I have been called to serve as a Young Performing Missionary (YPM) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Nauvoo, Illinois for the period of four months. I will be leaving on Friday, May 7, 2010 and will return to Denver, CO on August 17 (and then leave for BYU in the fall).
I auditioned, along with over 300 other performers, for a mission this summer. Ten girls and ten boys have been selected to give 6 daily performances, tours of historical sites, bible study classes, other service projects, and participation in the Joseph Smith Memorial Pageant. The performances will be full-length plays depicting what life was like for the Mormon Pioneers in the early 1800's when they lived in Nauvoo. I will be singing, dancing, acting, and fiddling with the YPM's.
Because I will be a full-time missionary for the church, I will be set apart. This means, among other things, that I won't be able to have my phone or computer with me this summer. No email, no phone calls. So, my mom and dad have agreed to update this blog for me to keep everyone updated! I will write letters home every week, and they will be posted here. I can also receive letters from all of you! I would love to hear from you! Please send letters to:
YPM Sister Emily Chambers
PO Box 215
Nauvoo, Illinois 62354
Packages can be sent to:
975 Young Street
Nauvoo, Illinois 62354
This is going to be a great summer for me. If you are looking for a good time, look into taking a trip out to Nauvoo to see the sights! For more information on Historic Nauvoo, please visit: http://www.historicnauvoo.net/. For more about the Mormon church, check out http://www.mormon.org.
Thanks for your support!
See you in the fall!
love
Emily
Awesome! I'm so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this before! It's so cool!!! good luck and have the time of your life!!
ReplyDelete